Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thursday Evening in Ft Pierce

I arrived in Ft Pierce around 5:30 p.m. and  visited one of the local American Legion posts that granted me permission to park my van in thier lot for two weeks.  In the meantime, I will find other accomodations for it when I pass back thru here on or about Oct 15.

  The weather looks good for tomorrow's ride north.  I should be in Melbourne tomorrow night.  My itenerary called for me to be in Port St Lucie tonite; but I observed that the roads from there to my intended coastal were too narrow, and too-heavily trafficed for safe bicycle use.

So, tomorrow the big ride begins at sunup.
New sponsors came onboard today.  Thank you:
Bob, Susan, & Max Howard of Milton, Fl
Mark & Melissa Matteson of Milton, Fl
Liz Bowen of Anchorage, Alaska
Maryann  & David Frazier of Anchorage, Alaska
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment