Monday, October 4, 2010

Beginning of Day Four

Wow!  About those typos.  A politician might say, "I misspoke."  I would simply observe that, with maturity comes the inability to type with enlarged thumbs.

I'll get on the road around 0700 and head to St. Augustine.  I assume the winds are going to kick up again today; so, I need to prepare myself for another tough day.  Perhaps I need to follow the example of my good friend and find the nearest McDonalds,and load up on one of their highly nutricious offerings.

As I contemplate the difficulty caused by opposing winds the last cuople of days, I am mindful of the alternative - blistering heat and blowing sand, like our soldiers endure daily in the many thankless military endeavors they have been committed to.  I'm sure they would gladly trade places with me, fleabag motel and all.  I am blessed - by their service and dedication, and by the freedom I enjoy to engage in this pursuit.

1 comment:

  1. Al, you posted that at 3:03 AM! You need to sleep more to handle those 40-50 mile days! Get some rest! By the way, St. Augustine is one of my favorite places! You might stop by the castle.

    ReplyDelete