Monday, October 25, 2010

IT IS FINISHED! 1160 MILES

25 days, 1160 miles, 57.2 miles today.

It couldn't have ended on a better note. I've had a strong tailwind all day, only got angrily honked at by one redneck (Yes, he was driving a GREEN pickup!), and I broke my downhill speed record descending into Port St. Lucie on the bridge - 31.8 MPH. Whew! I think it's time to hang up my helmet and put away the padded Spandex, while I'm still ahead of the game.

I had estimated that this trip would require 30 days to complete and cover 1172 miles. Not counting side trips in some communities, it was only 1160 miles.

More tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Al! A fine job done! Now get your butt home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Diary!

    I was looking forward for this one!

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete