Saturday, October 2, 2010

In Titusville

Well, I did it!  Today, I rode 51.4 miles!  Yes, my tail is sore; and my thighs feel like they're going to explode.  The last 15 miles were horrible, with exceptionally brutal headwinds from an approaching storm front.  I'm staying in a fleabag motel tonite.

Today, in Cocoa, I met a very friendly young man named Hugo Rivero.  He had seen me pull aside near a restaurant, and having read the sign on the back of my trailer, indicated that he had always wd to accomplish a long-dist ance ride with a cause attached to it.  He gave me his contact information and offered to put me up for the evening on either leg of my trip.  It was t,oo early to stop for the evening; so, I pressed on.  Within minutes of our parting, the winds hit.  Had I known that was going to happen, I would have opted to accept his generous offer.  Perhaps it might work out when I start heading south.

I also met Terry Graham, who lives on River Rd. in Cocoa.  We chatted for a few minutes;  and he offered to allow me to pitch my tent on the waterfont of his property.  He works for the FAA in Flight Standards, wit responsibilityy for Airtran.  What a generous and gracious man.  Were it not so early in the evening, I would accepted his offer and saved 50 bucks spent on the motel room.  Oh well, at least I won't get wet tonite - just soaked for the room.

By the way, sorry about the typos.  this keyboard is fairly small; and it's easy to make mistakes, but difficult to correct them.

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment