Saturday, October 16, 2010

In South Miami Beach Tonight

I think today has been one of most tiring, 55 miles in fairly heavy traffic from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami. Tonight I'm being hosted by John and Liz Hopkins, biking enthusiasts, with John being very instrumental in organizing cycling activities in Miami.

Tomorrow, I hope to reach into the Keys; except, given the scarcity of land down there, I need to time my entry onto the keys carefully. Otherwise I'll end up sleeping under a bridge somewhere. It'll be just me and the iguanas. Not!

I met veteran "Nelson" today who suffered a severe foot wound back in '06, which forced him to leave the military. He is not receiving adequate treatment, and has yet to receive any disability income from the VA. I advised him to contact his Senator to get assistance expediting proper treatment and processing his disability application.

3 comments:

  1. Great job Al! Keep spreading the Gospel and educating those Vets! Keep peddling too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Location this night was actually the Kendall neighborhood of Miami-Dade County, not the high-living South Beach. I'll testify that our man Al never visited South Beach. He nor I passed the age ceiling for that neighborhood several years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Al! Keep overextension the Gospel and educating those Vets! Keep peddling too! miami beach condos

    ReplyDelete