Tuesday, October 5, 2010

End of Day 5 @Hannah Park in Jacksonville

I rode 46 miles today in the roughest steady-state winds I've encountered yet, 15 MPH steady, with gusts of 25! Pretty tough for an old boy!

Tonight, I'm staying in a great park, Hannah Park, operated by the city of Jacksonville. It has everything a camper needs - big tent sites, electricity at every site, showers, a camp store, and a restaurant. Only costs $22 per night.

Tomorrow afternoon early, I should reach Fernandina Beach, my turn-around point, marking the completion of one fourth of my journey. Then, it's back to Ft. Pierce, which will be the halfway point of my 1200 mile trip. Time sure flies when you're trying to kill yourself with a pair of pedals.

I'm enjoying the comments (and squirrel picture) you folks are posting. I'm sorry I can't respond to each one individually.

Al

1 comment:

  1. You made it to Jacksonville!

    I've been following your trip, and this last entry in your diary that you are in Jacksonville was amazing.

    I loved this adventure Al, and the diaries too.

    With wind, you keep riding a lot, as if there was no wind. That's so cool!!!

    Best wishes!

    Hugo.

    ReplyDelete